Masters of Photography Reflection

The photographer I chose to write about is Ansel Adams. I chose him because I had heard of him before and liked the pictures he had. He is known for the black and white landscape pictures he takes in Yosemite Valley in California. Something interesting about him is how he invented the zone system which helps photographers to translate the light that they see in pictures into a negative picture.  His work also involves more mountains and rivers. He was born in 1902 and died in 1984 and was born and dies in California. He became more interested in photography when his aunt gave him a camera in Yosemite Valley as a gift. This was in 1916, and he took many inspiring pictures until 1984 when he died. In 1915, he left his school to educate himself better. He was originally a pianist but the camera he got as a gift had led him to study photography more. After World War II, Ansel Adams had permission to go to the bomb site and take pictures. Those pictures were later put into a museum of modern art and published as born free and equal. In 1952, Ansel Adams became one of the founders of the magazine Aperture. I really like his pictures because they look good with the depth and calmness of the scenery. My personal favorite of his artwork would be any in Yosemite Valley because that place is pretty and is a good spot to take pictures of mountains and rivers. Another thing I like about his artwork is how well placed everything is because there aren’t many spots in his pictures that are empty or have few things in it.